Missives to Fictional Characters

Yes, we are writing 50,000-word novels in a month. No, we don't know why either. However, we do know that it is All The Characters' Fault, and that writing letters to them will make everything better. Thus!

Friday, October 21, 2005

Dear Ariya and Sarai,

I think I need to point out something. You two are on a deadline. When Monday rolls around, you need to be out of my head so I can spend a week doing intensive plotting.
No, you're not helping. Becuase you're not my bloody Nanowrimo story. And you're taking up all my plotting time, and whenever I get an idea, it's about you lot rather than the alarmingly-close Nano.
You have the weekend, and the weekend only. Start winding down operations, yes? I'll pick you up in December, but until then, you're going in the cupboard under the stairs, along with my inner editor.

Love,
Ev

Dear Kris,
The same goes for you, only more so.

Love,
Ev

2 Comments:

Blogger Ev said...

Hah!

And I'm not talking to you, becuase you're not on msn, depriving me of the chance to show off my wondrous new icons.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Does that mean your outer editor (namely, meee) has to go in a cupboard, too? Much as it would be dark and creepy, I'm not sure it'd be entirely beneficial to my own NaNo, not to mention my social life!

And eeee, am in the process of reading Chapter 9. We must all send each other our daily/weekly efforts when November comnes around, I enjoy reading them so much.

And the icons are beautiful, by the way, thank you so much!

xxxx

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home