Missives to Fictional Characters

Yes, we are writing 50,000-word novels in a month. No, we don't know why either. However, we do know that it is All The Characters' Fault, and that writing letters to them will make everything better. Thus!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dear Battle Tactics teacher,

Right, you are pissing me off. Becuase you are HOLDING UP MY WORDCOUNT, and in the little universe of my Nano, no crime is more henious. Your problem is, you're taking part in a fairly interesting scene. That wasn't planned. You were just supposed to turn up, drone on about space battles, hand out reading lists and wander off back to the staff room. Now you're demanding a part in the plot. Well, here's some news - there are no parts. I have squeezed in as many extra characters as I possibly can, and there is no room for you.
You will just have to have your scene and then disappear. I know this means abandoning any literary integrity whatsoever, but that went out of the window long ago anyway. You'll probably disappear in the edit, so I suppose it doesn't matter whether you're male or female. I might call you Francis so I don't have to decide.

- Ev

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home