Missives to Fictional Characters

Yes, we are writing 50,000-word novels in a month. No, we don't know why either. However, we do know that it is All The Characters' Fault, and that writing letters to them will make everything better. Thus!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Dear NaNoWriMo

I think I need to warn you first that there is not a chance in hell I will be finishing you this year. At the moment I hardly have time to turn around. I am going to aim for 500 words a day. Or maybe every two days. Just thought I'd tell you so you don't get expectations. Terrible things, expectations. You might end up 20k words long, if you're really lucky and I start passing some kanji tests.

Dear Setting,
WTF?! You've done away with most of my beautiful scifi trappings! You are not doing away with the guns. Or the stripy tights. Even if my incidental characters do all seem to want to be Empire builders. So nyah.

Dear Everyone Else,
I'm so confused.

xxx

Ev

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home